Graduate Job Assistance
When you graduate, our job is not over.
All graduates are eligible for career service assistance and will have equal access to our Career Services Department. Our goal is to help you find a rewarding career in your area of study.
We Can Help You Find a Job
Cameron County Education Initiative Inc. places an emphasis on graduate employment assistance; we consider this our most important services we can offer our students. The Career Services department helps connect graduates to the workforce by providing specific services that relate to preparing for and identifying employment opportunities.
This office provides the following services:
- Assistance in preparation of resumes and cover letters
- Job coaching services to improve or enhance interviewing (and other) job seeking skills
- Advice and information on job availability in specific areas of training
- Continuous, individualized employment assistance
- The School develops contacts with employers and generally has requests from employers for graduates. To do this, CCEI maintains a contact file of potential employers, which is constantly updated. Employers are also invited to come to the CCEI campus for job interview sessions. CCEI is very proud of the success of our graduates; however, CCEI does not or will not guarantee employment. Students are also informed that they should be ready to relocate upon graduation, as this may increase their employment opportunities
Assistance and Promise to Employers
Not only do we offer career assistance to you, we also offer this promise to employers:
“Graduates who previously passed a subject at CCEI Inc., but wish to audit the subject to update knowledge and/or skills, may do so providing space is available and upon the Executive Director’s approval for a couple of days only or as approved by the Vice President and or CEO. There is no tuition charge for auditing a subject, but the student is responsible for purchasing any books and supplies required for the audit”